Whether you are with your spouse, seperated or in a relationship, if you are living domestic violence, it is important to PROTECT YOURSELF as well as your children.
How to protect yourself
○ Have ready a note-book containing emergency numbers.
○ Create scenarios in the event of violence with the family, children, friends or neighbours.
○ Make up codes :
- identify possible places of refuge (a secure room in the house);
- evaluate the possible exits (easy acces to doors leading outside);
○ Keep at a friends place another set of keys (house, car, mail).